Ok, I have never done a blog before so not sure how I am going to get on, or if anyone is actually going to want to read it!! So far on my Sunday runs I have reached the 10 mile marker - and my body has shown mixed reactions to this distance! I feel quite comfortable with the long distance, but I am a little scared as there's is a huge difference between 10 miles and 26.2! Thankfully, it is not taking my body so long to recover from these runs so I can hit the gym during the week (social and work-life permitting of course!)
After having my entry for Edinburgh accepted, there are a few things I feel I need to sort out over the next few weeks in order for my preparation to really get underway!
Firstly, I need to re-organise my ipod playlist - there are only so many times you can run whilst resisting the temptation to either sing or dance along to the Village People!
Secondly, I need to sort out my nutritional habits. As many people who work shifts would appreciate, fitting in meals can sometimes be a hassle and many times I have grabbed something convenient hich probably contains my whole calorie intake for a week, let alone the day. With this is mind, I have bought myself a couple of nutrition books to help me along the way (I'll keep you posted as to how successfuly they are!)
Lastly, I need to up my water intake each day. I am rubbish at drinking water and can sometimes rely solely on coffee and coke (not of the illegal variety) to see me through the day. I know that to get the best out my body, I need to get that sorted as soon as.
Well, i think I've got a few things to be getting on with for this week! Luckily, I have the week off work to start preparing myself psychologically for the next 4 months!
31 January 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Go for it Sal, we know you can do it. What's this about social life when you're training for a marathon? Love Mom and Dad.
Post a Comment