25 February 2008

Improvement!

It’s been fairly uneventful in terms of training this week, so this blog is going to be fairly short.

In the run yesterday I felt as though I had made real progress – we only did 8 miles but I felt so good, I felt as though I could’ve pushed myself a lot harder. We managed to knock over 3 minutes off the previous time we’ve done, and were averaging about 9 minute miles. It has given me a massive confidence boost for next Sunday, which I think I’ve needed for the last few weeks. I can see the training is paying off, but I can also see that by upping my training just a small amount over the next few weeks will result in even more improvements. I struggle to run on a treadmill, so I am looking at other ways to improve my fitness through the gym. There are a lot of training websites out there to get inspiration so I’ll check out a few of those.
Touch wood, I am completely over the knee pain that I was experiencing a couple of weeks ago – all thanks to wearing trainers that give the right support to my foot!

I think I’ve also got it into my head that I am actually going to complete the marathon – as I’ve said in previous blogs, I’ve needed to reach that point so I can concentrate a lot more on my training. It took reading through the official magazine in fits of tears for it to sink in, but the main thing is that it has!

Well, it’ll be the gym again for me, unless the weather improves any and I can get out onto the roads. I’m going to ease down a bit in preparation for Sunday, but I’ve got the start of a cold so I’ll make sure I dose up on Vitamin C and get plenty of early nights!

No comments: