Argh! Only 3 weeks to go until the big day- it's creeping up so fast!!!
I haven't posted anything the last few weeks, because there really hasn't been anything to report - apart from 2 failed long run efforts and an injury recurrence.
After the high of the 18 miler, things just seem to be falling apart at the seams - I'm starting to feel pain where I wasn't before, and I'm getting a bit disheartened by it all.
This Sunday we attempted a 21 mile effort, which started ok. I had a few aches and pains, but these have become all part of the training routine now! We managed to get to about halfway when the pain became to much to bear. I was in two minds whether to stop or carry on, but sense prevailed (first time for everything) and I knew it wasn't worth causing more damage for the sake of my hurt pride.
The walk back to Guy's house was horrible because the pain had managed to spread and so I was getting soreness from over-compensating on my other leg too!
I'm proud of the other guys for finishing the run, and can only hope that I will manage on the day. People keep asking what time I'm aiming for, or what I want to get out of doing it - right now, I just want to finish! I know I will, because I won't allow myself to give up that easily but I'm starting to wonder exactly what I'm going to have put my body through to get to that point.
Things have been slightly preoccupied this week by sorting out my new house ready to move in the week before Edinburgh, but I'm still hoping to get a bit more training in before Sunday. I can't believe that we are all getting excited about only running 12 miles!!
I will definately only stick to half marathons after this!!!
06 May 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment